With Thanksgiving, Christmas and the Apple Cup on the way, WSU Cougars fans have a lot to be thankful about this holiday season.
With the holidays just around the corner, it’s a time for reflection and for giving thanks for what we have. The WSU Cougars are an important part of all our lives. We look forward to the games, talk about them at every family function and just enjoy representing our team each and every day.
I thought it would be fun to list some things we as WSU Cougars fans, should be thankful for this year. We have had a lot of big wins, amazing moments, heartbreaks, and everything in between. These things are what makes being a Cougar fan great. Now before you sit down and watch WSU beat the Huskies in the Apple Cup on Saturday night, take a moment to reflect on how great it is to get to watch it at all. How great it is to be a fan of such a passionate university. How great it is to be a Coug.
Without drawing on, here are a list (in bullet form) of the many things WSU Cougars fans should be thankful for this year. Feel free to add on to this list in the comments or our social media platforms!
- Beating the Huskies 40-13 in last year’s Apple Cup. The largest margin of victory for any WSU team in history
- Former Cougar soccer star Morgan Weaver recently signed a deal to keep her on the Portland Thorns FC through the 2024 season
- After a rocky start to the season, Kyle Smith and the men’s basketball team beat Eastern Washington handily this past week. Feel free to brag to any relatives that root for the Eagles
- The lady Cougar basketball team has come out on fire to start the season. They are 4-1 and poised to return to the NCAA Women’s Basketball tournament for the second consecutive season
- Jayden De Laura threw four interceptions against the WSU Cougars, one week after claiming it was “personal” between him and the Cougs.
- Being home with your Cougar loving family for Thanksgiving
- That the Apple Cup is finally being played on a Saturday again so you can get those amazing black Friday deals. Or, if you’re like me, sit on your butt all day watching football and eating leftover turkey.
- You didn’t go to UW
- Cougar gold cheese
- Butch being the best mascot in college sports
- The cool breeze of a Cougar Football Saturday morning
- Fireball Joe
- Signing your name on the wall at The Coug
- Getting a munchy dog after partying with your friends all night long
- Being apart of something that’s much bigger than sports. The WSU Cougar family is large and we are everywhere. No one knows what it’s like to be a Coug
There are surely many, many more things to be thankful for this year and every year to follow. We at All Coug’d Up hope all you WSU Cougar fans have a safe, enjoyable holiday weekend. Enjoy the food, the company of your family, and hopefully we all get to enjoy a Cougar victory on Saturday night. Happy holidays!