September 8, 2012; Berkeley, CA, USA; Southern Utah Thunderbirds running back Henna Brown (7) celebrates after scoring a touchdown against the California Golden Bears during the third quarter at Memorial Stadium. The California Golden Bears defeated the Southern Utah Thunderbirds 50-31. Mandatory Credit: Kelley L Cox-USA TODAY Sports
Hey again Coug fans! We’re getting set for the Southern Utah Thunderbirds to come to town on Saturday to take on our Washington State Cougars. This is our podcast previewing our Big Sky opponent.
Another of our fantastic writers, Nick Nordi and I get together in this episode, here are some of the things we’re talking about:
- Not knowing a whole lot about their team as a fan, what worries us about an FCS school coming into Martin Stadium?
- What did the T-birds do last season (and so far this season) that makes them a dangerous team?
- SUU’s high scoring offense and their new quarterback.
- The focus of the Cougs coming off of the big win and going into a seemingly easy game.
- Connor Halliday and his struggles with a couple receivers, Daquawn Brown and Nolan Washington.
- Finally, we talk about Nick’s production responsibilities with the Pac-12 Network and his new job with the brand new scoreboard at Martin.
Our next podcast will be up on Sunday, reviewing the results of the SUU / WSU contest and talking more Cougs.