A few weeks back, Peyton Bender shocked quite a few people as the Cougars received their first known commitment in their 2014 recruiting class. He wasn’t a very big name guy and WSU is in fact the only school that has offered him at this point.
But one thing for certain is that Mike Leach knows how to recruit WR’s and QB’s and it has showed here already as he was invited to the Elite 11 camp. While WSU has had an Elite 11 QB before (Arkelon Halll), it’s been a while. Roughly around 33 percent of Elite 11 QBs have been drafted since the camp’s inception in 1999.
One of his best attributes is his very quick release and that just fits the Air Raid offense perfectly!
Here is a video of Peyton Bender being interviewed after the Elite 11 camp :
He covered these topics in this interview with Bud Elliott :
- The Elite 11 QB Camp experience and how it is better than other quarterback camps;
- One area of his game on which he most wants to improve;
- His current height and weight;
- Bender’s lightning-quick release;
- What drove him to commit to Mike Leach and the Washington State Cougars; and
- His plans to recruit for Washington State
This is a very nice interview and provides us with some solid information. As recruiting is nothing for certain in terms of a commitment it’ll be interesting to see how he reacts when other school’s come calling later this summer which will definitely be the case if he makes it into the Elite 11, which will be on ESPN this summer.