The Cougs take on Arizona State in the Desert tonight, trying to snap a six game losing streak on the season and a 3 game road losing streak to the Devils.
Washington State has plenty of negatives to overcome in this one.
- Mike Ladd won’t be playing due to his inflamed knee, so the already thin bench is even thinner and Ken Bone plans on playing a couple of walk-ons to compete
- WSU lost already at home this season to ASU 63-59
- Of course the 3 game losing streak at Wells Fargo Arena, as well as the fact that coach Bone is still looking for his first win vs the Sun Devils on the road
- The 6 game losing streak has put WSU in the cellar of the Pac-12 with an 11-15 (2-11) record
- ASU is tied for fourth place and only 2 wins out of first, meaning they’re playing great b-ball and are going to be fired up tonight, needing a win
I don’t know if it’s the Wednesday night games or the fact that our team is struggling so mightily, but I’m definitely not as excited as I should be for Cougar basketball right now. Still, at tip in an hour I’ll be routing on the Cougs as they try to jump into a tie for 10th place. It’s almost a given that we’ll be around in the second half but how will we finish tonight? Can we finally get over the hump?