Date: Sept. 14
Time: 3:30 PDT
Location: Martin Stadium in Pullman, WA (35,117)
TV: Pac-12 Networks
Livestream Link: Pac-12 Network
Washington State Local Radio:
- Spokane: KXLY-AM 920
- Pullman/Moscow: KHTR 104.3-FM
- Seattle KIRO-AM 710
- Full list of WSU Stations
The Southern Utah Thunderbirds of the FCS head into Martin Stadium to try and upset the Washington State Cougars. The game is set for 3:30 pm PDT on Pac-12 Networks.
Southern Utah is coming off of back-to-back wins to start the season. The T-birds were 1 of 9 teams in week one to overcome their diminutive FCS stature and win in a FBS stadium, defeating South Alabama 22-21. Last week they took down Div. II Fort Lewis by a score of 49-0. If you’re looking for some sort of scouting report on SUU, GO HERE.
Washington State is coming off of their biggest win in the Mike Leach era (which is just a little over a season old), defeating the then #25 USC Trojans in the coliseum. It was the first win for WSU in LA in about a decade and halted an 8 game SC winning streak in the series. Coupled with a close loss to Auburn, the Cougars have surprised many viewers so far, but they’ll need to put together a dominating performance in a game like this to catch the national eye as a possible bowl contender.
- Washington State and Southern Utah are facing each other for the first time today.
- SUU has played three FBS teams in the past two seasons, going 1-2 in those contests, including a 50-31 loss at Pac-12 member California last season.
- WSU is 1-0 in-conference for only the 2nd time in the past 7 seasons. The other time was after a come-from-behind 31-27 win in Boulder in 2011.
- The Cougars are undefeated against Big Sky opponents since 1947, with a 16-0 record.
- The Cougars are also 78-34-3 all-time in home openers