The Southern Utah Thunderbirds and Washington State Cougars will face off this Saturday afternoon in Martin Stadium, at 3:30 pm in the home opener for WSU. The Cougs and T-birds have never met on the gridiron.
If you don’t know much about the T-birds, you’re not alone. Outside of watching them play California last season we didn’t know much about them either. For quick reference the Golden Bears did beat SUU in a wild game in 2012, 50-31. Utah State pretty much blew them out the previous week, 34-3.
Here are some bullet points to help you get a little better understanding of our opponent on Saturday.
- From: Cedar City, Utah
- Home field: Eccles Coliseum (8,500)
- Head Coach: Ed Lamb (2007) 21-23 record
- Member of: The Big Sky Conference. SUU is the newest member of the conference, joined in 2012 and finished 5th with a 5-6 record.
- Picked to finish: 9th in the preseason BSC media polls in 2013.
- 2013 season record: 2-0 (South Alabama 22-21, Fort Lewis 49-0)
- All time record: 236–298–10 (.443)
- Official school colors: Scarlet and White